When you read the word "connectivity," what's the first thing that comes to your mind? Perhaps you're thinking of wires, ones which plug into one kind of port or another. Certainly, wires have a place in ensuring the effectiveness and reliability of connections with today's technology.
But enjoying the benefits of the latest and greatest in electronics is also possible even without external wiring. This is because of the invention of wireless protocols, such as Bluetooth wireless technology. Bluetooth is the reason why you can connect your phone to any number of speakers, headphones, or other mobile accessories. It may look like something simple and unchanging, but in truth, it's more complex than you think.
Fast Facts about Bluetooth Connectivity:
- Bluetooth was first established as a wireless technology standard more than two decades ago
- It’s currently being managed by the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG), which is comprised of tens of thousands of member companies working under many different industries
- Bluetooth works with various kinds of electronic devices, from personal computers to smartphones, gaming consoles, and certain types of wireless audio devices
- Some of the latest versions of Bluetooth include version 4.0, 4.1, and 4.2 – all of which are supported by Promate Technologies and its products. It’s now up to version 5.
- The latest version of Bluetooth is Bluetooth 5, which offers features for the still-nascent Internet-of-Things (IoT) category like improved low-energy performance and faster speeds
By design, Bluetooth is meant to improve the standard user experience when it comes to using typical electronic devices and mobile accessories. This is true especially for all the most recent forms of the wireless connection standard, start with Bluetooth 4.0 onwards. It serves many benefits, such as:
- Replaces Tangle-prone Cables and Wires -- You'll no longer need to rely on problematic and troublesome cables to connect one or more of your devices.
- Easy and Intuitive Controls -- Instead of pressing or clicking on-device buttons, you can just control various gadgets, such as speakers and headphones, through a central remote (i.e. the on-screen controls available on your smartphone, tablet, or computer).
- Long-Battery Life -- All the most recent versions of Bluetooth wireless technology offer superb battery life, meaning you can keep using it regularly without worrying about running out of battery while in the middle of what you might be doing.
- Quick and Hassle-free Setup -- Connecting through Bluetooth only takes a few seconds at most, so you can use it to connect all your devices and begin using them right away.
- Wireless Freedom -- Once you're connected wirelessly via Bluetooth, you'll get to enjoy the freedom of being able to move freely with whatever devices you might be using or carrying.
For mobile audio, the Promate Silox, Bomba, and Hummer deliver fantastic Bluetooth audio experiences. The same also applies for Promate’s best Bluetooth earphones and headsets, like the Tempo-BT, Melody-BT, PowerBeat, and PrimeBud.
All in all, Bluetooth is a game-changing type of technology that deserves a place in your everyday life. If nothing else, at least you'll be able to make the most out of all the highly innovative Bluetooth-enabled products that Promate Technologies has to offer. With Bluetooth, the ability to free yourself from pesky wires is firmly within your reach.