Please be aware that all associated Services and systems MAY BE housed on servers in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, information that we collect (including cookies) are processed and stored in the United States, which may not offer the same level of privacy protection as the country in which you currently reside or are a citizen. By using the Services and providing information to us, you consent to the transfer to and processing of the information in and through the United States.
What information do we collect?
Information Provided by Users and Other People
- Your account information. You provide your email to create an account or subscribe to our newsletters. If you refuse to provide such information, you may not be able to use the Services in an intended manner. When registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your contact information, such as your name, gender, address, telephone number and email address.
- Customer Support. You can provide us with information about your use of the Services, including product information and contact information, which enables us to provide you with optimum customer support. For example, you can send an email that contains information about our device performance, application performance, or other issues.
- Network and connection: We use the location-related information to tailor the Services to users located in different regions throughout the world. Location-related information may be based on device location information (if the user approves to collect) or the user’s IP address.
- Through Server Logs: A server log is a list of the activities that a server performs. Shopify’s servers automatically collect and store in Internet Protocol (IP) address, the browser type, the date and time of your request and referral URL and certain cookies that identify your browser or Promate account.
- Cookies: Cookies are small information files that are transferred between your web browser or your computer’s hard drive. A cookie typically contains the name of the domain (internet location) from which the cookie originated, the “lifetime” of the cookie and a randomly generated unique serial number or similar identifier. A cookie also may contain information about your device, such as user settings, browsing history and activities conducted while using the Services.
The Services use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies, which are required for the optimum operation of the Services. Without them, for example, you would not be able to register or log in to the Services that we offer.
- Analytical/performance cookies, which allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors, learn how visitors navigate through the Services.
- Functionality cookies, which we use to recognise you when you return to the Services.
To learn more about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Promate also uses analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to collect other information that helps us track our services. Generally, analytics services do not identify individual users. Many analytics services allow you to opt out of data collection. For example, to learn more about Google Analytics practices and to opt out, visit www.google.com/settings/ads or by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Do we get your consent before collecting information?
You may withdraw your consent to collect, use, and/or disclose your personal information held or controlled by us by submitting a request. Based on the extent to which you withdraw your consent to let us process your personal information, this may mean that you will not be able to access our products and services. Deleting your account will not of itself entirely remove associated content from our systems. We will delete relevant information that can be clearly identified (like your email, name, and country), but information that cannot be clearly identified (such as your birthday or gender information) will not be deleted.
What do we use your information for?
- To process transactions: We use your personal information to process payments you make through the Services. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To send periodic emails: The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates about your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscription instructions at the bottom of each email.
- Security and privacy: We verify accounts and activities and ensure that the Services are used legally by investigating suspicious activities or violations of our terms. This promotes the security and privacy of the Services.
- Communication about the Services: We will communicate with you about the Services and features and let you know about updates to our terms and policies and other important updates. We may provide you with the marketing of the Services and promote other marketing events of our company.
- Advertising and business information: We may advertise our own and third-party products based on the products you have installed, accessed, used, and purchased. You may receive marketing information that may contain content that may be of interest to you. As we do not want to spam you, you can manage these communications.
Privacy of Children
The Services are not directed to or intended for use by minors. Consistent with the requirements of applicable law, if we learn that we have received any information directly from a minor without his or her parent’s verified consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his or her parent or legal guardian) to inform the minor that he or she cannot use the Services and subsequently will delete that information.
If you are a minor under the age of 16 (according to the legal requirements of EU member states, the minimum must not be less than 13 years old), you must obtain written consent from your parent or legal guardian before using this product and its relevant services. This product and the related services will protect the personal information of minors in accordance with the applicable EU laws and regulations.
- Unless a contract is agreed upon, the user agrees, or the law requires, the data subject should have the right not to be affected by automatic decision-making.
- Data managers should take appropriate measures to protect the rights and freedoms of data subjects and legitimate interests, and ensure that data subjects have the right to engage with data managers, express opinions, and challenge decisions.
- We collect the information necessary to provide you with services. During the collection process, we will strictly abide by laws and regulations and will never collect any information prohibited by laws or administrative regulations. We also do not collect the content of your chats or phone calls.
How is this information shared?
- Third-party services/providers: Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment Gateway Providers Database only to be accessible by those authorised with special access rights to such systems, who are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
How can you manage or delete information about you?
We provide users with the ability to manage, change or delete their data.
- Changing your email, nickname, and more: You can review and change your personal information by logging into your account and visiting your account settings page.
- Unsubscribe：If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscription instructions at the bottom of each email.
- Deleting your account: If you want to delete your Account, we will enable you to do this in your account settings page. Deleting your Account will entirely remove the content you have published from our systems.
How long will the data be stored?
We store the data until we no longer need it to provide services or until the user's account is deleted, depending on which comes first. This requires specific analysis of the situation and depends on the nature of the data, the reasons for collecting and processing the data, and the related legal or operational retention needs.
Do we send you promotional information?
Occasionally, we may need to email you if you subscribe. We may need to send you some products information and tell you something important. However, if you do not subscribe, we will not send you any promotional related information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.